I've started and stopped this blog so many times I can hardly keep count, but here we go again.
This time I'm making an effort to be positive. That's this year's New Year's Resolution. Yeah, I want to lose weight, but you can only do that if you're positive, right? So I'm making 2012 a year of positivity!
I definitely started the year out that way. I have been surrounded by family and GREAT friends each weekend so far. I have had more fun the past four weeks than I've had in years. I am learning to be able to let loose and enjoy myself.
I am also making it a point to be healthy! I want to lose weight, actually a lot of weight, but I am going about it a healthy way. I am making myself exercise, which I've been horrible at in the past. I am eating healthier foods (fruits and veggies instead of chips and chocolate). I also have been drinking a TON of water. I have always been a pop drinker, and even though it's been diet pop it's still not that great for you. So I'm taking the steps in the right direction. I have seen ZERO weight loss yet, but I'm determined to keep up the healthy habits.
I'm also focusing on strengthening the relationships I have with people in my life. Lately I have been slacking on communicating and there have been days when I really just don't want to talk to anyone. I am making an effort to keep in touch with those I love and make sure they know I appreciate them. That is one thing I wish more people would do. It never hurts to let someone know how much you appreciate them!
I can't blog without providing an update on The Prince. He's doing great. We switched his school back in November and that has been the BEST decision we ever made. He is doing so good at his new school and was Student of the Month for January. He had an assessment this month and to quote his teacher "he is phenomenal". A score of 71 is good for a child his age, he scored a 92! Yes, I'm bragging. I'm so proud of that little turkey!!
Here's my vow to my loyal readers, all 2-3 of you ;-) I will blog at least once a week. I may not always have something funny or interesting to talk about, but I'll share in the adventures of the week and hopefully pass along some of the positivity!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your comments/feedback!