Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Oh How Things Change!

It really is amazing how things change when we get older. I mean I'm only 27 but my lifestyle now is so much different than it was a few years ago, pre-child.

Flashback 5-6 years. The girls and I went out EVERY weekend. We'd spend hours getting ready and "pregaming" before picking up the others and heading to the bar. We'd do shots, drink beers, and try and discover something new, like BLUE drinks ;-), We were all single at the time so of course we had our eyes on the guys at the bar. We tried to impress, but mostly we just had fun dancing, closing down the bar, heading out to some 24 hour joint for some food afterwards, and then heading home (alone) to sleep/recover in our own beds. I was never the "pick a guy up at the bar" kind of girl, and neither were most of my friends. We all just had a great time together, but of course we didn't mind if one of us caught the eye of a cute guy every now and then.

Flash forward to the present. We've all grown up and matured. Some got married, some had kids, got real adult jobs. Going out isn't as common as it used to be. Hell, my bedtime is just before ten! I recently discovered that going out these days is so much more fun and relaxing though! I no longer have to spend hours getting ready, making sure I look good, etc. I can go out and have a couple drinks, not get completely wasted, and still have a great time with my girlfriends. No more closing down the bar or even drunk midnight snacks. At the end of the night I just want to go home and snuggle with my husband.

I used to be such a busy person. Going out every weekend, sometimes every night. These days I'm still busy but I don't mind just staying at home, relaxing, being a bum! I don't enjoy hangovers and just because I drank too much the night before, The Prince and King still need me to be up and around the next day, so I don't get to lay in bed until the afternoon like I could back in the day! My busy days now involve playing Batman, trips to the zoo, playdates, and building forts! And I wouldn't trade it for anything!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it interesting how our lives evolve? I do enjoy going out and probably go out more often than many 36 year olds I know, but I think that is because I missed out on all that stuff since I had Nae at 21. Not a complaint, just a fact. SO when I do go out now, I have a lot of fun, don't always close down the bar and rarely take home men... hahaha just kidding! I don't take home random strangers.

    I'm glad you have fun with your friends and your family! It can be a tough balance, but you are doing an AMAZING job!
    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments/feedback!