Monday, February 27, 2012

M-I-C-K-E-Y? Nope. S-E-A World...

I have absolutely no idea where it came from but The Prince started talking about going to Sea World about a month ago. It was a daily conversation.

The Prince: "I can't wait to go to Sea World"
Me: "Honey, we're not going to Sea World"
The Prince: *Pouty Face* "But I'd realllly like to go to Sea World."

And then it turned into "I can't wait to go to Sea World next week"

He even had his teachers at school convinced we were going.

Well once The King heard this talk his first reaction was to look into it. Whatever The Prince wants, The Prince gets!

I started doing some research and found that we could take a 6 night, 5 day trip for a pretty decent price. Flight, Hotel, Car Rental, Tickets to attractions, etc. We went back and forth before deciding we'd go ahead and use our small tax refund towards a trip.

It's official. As of Friday, we booked our trip to Orlando, Florida. We are not doing the Disney thing just yet. We talked about it and decided we'd wait until The Prince is a little older and we can save up some money and go again.

This will be the first real trip I've taken with The King and our first family vacation.We've tried explaining to The Prince what was happening but he doesn't seem to get it. I think it'll take arriving at the airport before he understands.

We will be taking off from our hometown (which means no traveling an hour to the next closest airport) on a Wednesday evening, arriving around 10PM in Orlando. We will spend the next few days enjoying Sea World, Legoland, a Detroit Tigers spring training game (which was a selling point for The King), and meeting up with a very old friend for dinner. We may do two days at Sea World, depending on how the first goes, and if not we may venture to Gatorland, as The Prince has recently been enjoying the shows on TV which focus on gators. We will then return to the local airport Monday evening.

Yes, I'm excited for the time away with my family.
Yes, I'm excited to go to Florida.
Yes, I'm excited for some warm weather (I hope).
Yes, I'm excited to see all the attractions.
But I'm most excited to see my little (and big) guy's face when he's flying on an airplane, seeing Shamu, and enjoying the sites of Florida.


1 comment:

  1. My children and my husband are the reasons why I hold Disney so close to my heart. Every time we go they all light up and we get to just enjoy being a family, and finding that inner child all over again. Have fun, cant wait to see all the pictures and posts about your trip!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments/feedback!